Vacation Rental Policies & Procedures
All vacation rentals may be booked by calling Ermine Lovell Real Estate at 508-548-0703 or using our online contact form. Once owners are contacted and all dates are confirmed we will email you a copy of your Rental Agreement for your electronic signature. If the Rental Agreement and deposit are not returned within fourteen (14) days of booking, your reservation may be subject to cancellation.
Vacation Rental properties are 7-night minimum or more unless specified in the property listing. You must be 25 years old or older to reserve a vacation rental. Property reservations run from Saturday to Saturday unless otherwise specified in the listing.
- Payments - 50% of the rental fee and cleaning fee are due (14) days from the date of the lease. Final payments, rental tax, and security deposits are due in the office 45 days prior to check-in. Any bookings made within 45 days of the check-in date are due in full. Any bookings made within 10 days of the check-in date must be paid by ACH or cashier's checks.
- Methods of Payment- Credit Cards Accepted: Visa, Master Card, or Discover Cards Accepted. A 3% processing fee applies to all credit card transactions. ACH is available at no additional fee. Personal checks, company checks, bank checks, cashier checks, money orders, or wire transfers are accepted (cost $20.00). Credit Cards will be held on file. Any additional cable/pay-per-view expenses will be charged to the credit card on file.
ALL PAYMENTS MADE PAYABLE AND MAILED TO:
ERMINE LOVELL RE, LLC.
550 West Falmouth Highway, FALMOUTH MA 02540.
- Short-Term Rental Tax- A tax is imposed on short-term rentals (31 days or less) in Massachusetts and may vary by local ordinances and bylaws as well as Landlord's property holdings. Tax rates are subject to change and will be finalized at the time of stay. The total tax amount will be due with the final payment.
- Damage/ Insurance Fee- The SafelyStay, Inc. Trust and Safety Fee includes up to $10,000 of coverage for contents damage and up to $1,000,000 coverage for property damage and bodily injury. Complete terms regarding the Trust and Safety coverage can be found here. The Trust and Safety Fee is refundable only if the reservation is canceled and the property is re-rented. Any deductible or minimum claim amount will be the responsibility of the Guest, and Ermine Lovell Real Estate will process using the form of payment on file for the Guest.
- Guest Verification- We verify that all guest information is true and accurate through the Safely Stay Guest Verification process. Please be aware, this is a non-invasive check that does not require a social security number and won't touch or impact credit reports. Complete terms regarding Safely’s guest verification can be found at www.safely.ai/terms-of-use. Please contact Safely at Concierge@Safely.ai, or go to www.Safely.ai, if you have any questions.
- Cleaning Fee -Each property has a cleaning fee that pays for a professional cleaning upon departure. The amount differs for each rental; please refer to your lease for the exact amount.
- Accommodations- Ermine Lovell Real Estate recommends previewing a vacation rental prior to signing a Lease Agreement. All of the vacation rental properties are privately owned. These homes reflect the taste and preferences of each owner. Ermine Lovell Real Estate is not responsible and shall be held harmless for any misinformation or typographical errors. If you do not personally inspect the property before a short-term vacation rental contract is signed, then you agree to accept the property as is upon arrival and you will not be entitled to a refund or rental money and will have no claim or recourse against the rental agent.
- Occupancy- Tenants must be 25 years or older to reserve a summer rental. The number of people occupying the rental must not exceed the number on the Lease agreement. If the occupancy limit is exceeded the Lease agreement may be terminated without a refund.
- Cancellation-After a rental agreement is signed, and any payment(s) due are received by our office, requests for cancellation for ANY REASON are NOT REFUNDED unless we are able to re-rent the property with owner’s permission for the same week stated on the lease. Every effort will be made to re-rent the property, but we cannot guarantee success. If you cancel after sending the initial deposit, but before making the final payment, the full amount of the Rental Agreement remains due and payable unless the week is re-rented. If we are able to re-book your week(s), a full refund of payment is sent when that new booking is paid in full. We strongly suggest purchasing travel insurance through a private insurance company such as Generali Global Assistance for reimbursement if you were to cancel.
- Check-In-Tenants may check in between 2:00 and 4:00 pm on the date of occupancy (please see your rental lease for a specific time) Keys are picked up at our office located at 550 West Falmouth Highway, Falmouth MA. Your check-in bag will be placed outside our office door in a plastic bin with your name on it. Please take the bag inside and leave the plastic bin. Keys will be attached. If you are checking in after business hours, please call our office in advance at 508-548-0703, and we will arrange to have your check-in bag outside our office door.
- If you are checking in late, please call our office so that we may provide you with late check-in procedures.
- Any damages or conditions found in your rental should be reported IMMEDIATELY to Ermine Lovell RE, LLC. within one (1) hour of arrival. Call 508-548-0703. There is a phone number in your welcome packet if any emergencies arise during your stay.
- Check-Out -Tenants must check out by 10:00 am on the departure date, as stated on the lease. Please refer to your lease. KEYS MUST BE DROPPED OFF AT THE RENTAL OFFICE UPON DEPARTURE
- Keys-If property keys are lost, stolen, left at the rental property, or not returned to the rental office you will be charged a $25.00 key replacement fee will be charged to your credit card. (this will be deducted from your security deposit). Please be courteous, and return your keys to our office for the next rental guest.
- Occupancy-Occupancy (including small children, infants, and overnight visitors) is not to exceed the number on the Rental Agreement. If more than the maximum number is found to be occupying the leased property, the Rental may be immediately terminated without refund and the security deposit forfeited.
- Linens-Please refer to the property description for detailed information regarding Linens and bed sizes or call our office. ALL OWNERS supply mattress & pillow covers, blankets, and pillows.
- Pets-Sorry, pets are not allowed unless specifically noted in the description. Kennels are available locally. Guests are subject to eviction without refund and loss of security deposit if pets are found on the premises.
- Smoking-NO SMOKING in any property. Any guest found smoking is subject to immediate eviction and loss of security deposit.
On departure, the premises will be neat, free of all food, trash, and broom swept. A cleaner will arrive after your departure for the next occupants. No extraordinary cleaning should be left as there is a short window of time before the next arrival.
- Pre-Booking Your Rental
If you are interested in “Pre-Booking” your vacation rental for the next summer, please make sure you inform an agent when you return your keys. Please give your name, the rental property address, and the weeks you would be interested in. This way, we can put a potential “Reserve” for you on that time period until we confirm the availability with the owner of the property.
YOUR VACATION IS IMPORTANT AND OUR GOAL IS TO MAKE YOUR VISIT THE MOST ENJOYABLE AND CAREFREE AS POSSIBLE.